Klark Teknik DN9620 - AES50 Extender
- Multiplexes two AES50 streams into a single fibre-optic or Cat 5e cable
- Transmits and receives up to 96 bi-directional channels of 24-bit audio
- Up to 500m operation via fibre-optic cable
- Up to 100m operation via Cat5e/Cat6 cable
- Latency of 0.105ms from input to output
- Operates at either 96 kHz or 48 kHz
- Multiple clocking options
- Auto ranging power supply
- Uses Neutrik etherCON and opticalCON connectors
- 1U, half rack – rack mount bracket included
- Designed and engineered by KLARK TEKNIK in England
Klark Teknik DN9620 - User Manual
The DN9620 is a 1U, half-rack width AES50 extender, which takes two Cat 5 AES50 streams and multiplexes up to 96 bi-directional channels of 24-bit audio via a single fibre-optic cable for up to 500m or a single Cat 5e cable for 100m. Both formats feature astonishingly low latency of just 0.105ms input to output. The DN9620 operates at either 96 kHz or 48 kHz sample rates and offers the user multiple clocking options.
The unit is fitted with an integrated auto-ranging power supply, and uses all genuine Neutrik etherCON and opticalCON connectors for maximum reliability.
The DN9620 overcomes the inherent limitations of Cat 5e cabling, which limit cable runs between AES50 devices to 100 metres (330 feet). The DN9620 will operate as an optical snake system for any MIDAS, or other digital console which uses the AES50 protocol, and provide long-haul, optical connectivity between I/O units, as well as extending the deployment possibilities of I/O, recording and other AES50 hardware throughout a building or campus".
AES50 is an open-architecture digital audio transport protocol which benefits from extremely low latency (<70us.), robust feed-forward error connection and advanced system clocking. AES50 connections carry digital audio and control data bi-directionally down a single Cat 5e cable. The benefits of combining audio, control and clock into one single network are simplified connectivity, reduced set-up times and lower investment in cabling infrastructure.
DN9620s are shipped in pairs, complete with a 19" rack mounting bracket.